Skip to main content

Mrs. Undercover (2023) Movie Review and Disappointments


Mrs. Undercover

I cannot imagine Radhika Apte doing a movie like this in 2023, especially after doing movie like Monica, O My Darling. As much as I love Radhika Apte with all my heart and soul, I just feel sad seeing her this way. 
 This movie is just dumb, simply dumb. One only could imagine what a good comedy or even a dark comedy this film could have been but then, giving a speech about women's empowerment every two minutes didn't work for me. 
 There are ways to tell a story, you can show through visuals or you can spoon-feed your audience. And this film spoon-feeds its audience irritatingly. 
 The story, the characters, the protagonist, the antagonist, and even the characters of special agents feel so dumb and immature at times that I thought I'd have done better work. I mean come on Sumeet Vyas as a psychopath misogynistic serial killer is such a fascinating concept and Radhika Apte playing an Ex Undercover agent and now a full-time housewife is just a banger concept for me. So what went wrong? Well, for the starters the dialogue writing was just overstuffed with cringe comedy and the plot had several loopholes. Loopholes in a Spy thriller just don't add up. 
 I think that this film is easily skippable and forgettable too. I don't think I have much to talk about this film except that it was a huge miss considering the concept and star cast of this film. 

It'd be a hard pass for me with a 1.5/5 rating. 


             ~ Subhodeep Chakraborty 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shazam! Fury of the Gods 2023 Movie Review, Regrets & Suggestions

Shazam! Fury of the Gods Life is very beautiful yet complicated. We all do some deeds, sometimes we are very much satisfied with what we do and sometimes there are regrets what's left. And it is very sad to live with regrets.    After watching Shazam! Fury of the Gods, I really, really regret not seeing this film in theatres. A genuinely enjoyable Superhero film. Now I am not saying that it was perfect and the greatest creation of mankind, it's not. There are some flaws and some setbacks but it was a good film, and by seeing the box office numbers it did not deserve to be a flop.    Shazam! Fury of the Gods has everything that a Harry Potter film has and more. The story is very different and unique, to me pretty risky too considering the villains don't exist in the comics. There are dragons and minotaurs and cyclopses and unicorns too.    In my opinion, the predecessor to this film had a better story arc, very grounded and comforting. This story...

Gaman (1978) Film Appriciation

Gaman 1978  If one has to understand the pain of separation and helplessness, Gaman is the movie for you. Gaman is one of the most visually impactful Hindi cinema.  Director Muzaffar Ali's brilliance is been shown in every shot of the film. Gaman is a film of departure. Ghulam played by Farooq Sheikh a man from a village who tries to do better in life, tries to meet his end. He moves to the city of Mumbai with the help of his friend Lallulal Tewari played by Jalal Agha who's been working in the city for a quite long time. At first, Ghulam seems to have a very progressive journey to become a taxi driver, he feels hopeful. But eventually, all hope dies when he realizes that there's no way out of this rotten city.  There are so many factors in this film that are nothing less than genius. First of all, the acting. Everyone, from Farooq Sheikh to Smita Patil, a very young Nana Patekar to Jalal Agha, everyone was on point, giving their best to it.  ...

Om-Dar-B-Dar 1988 Film Review

Om-Dar-B-Dar 1988 Film Review A film had to be as brilliant as Om Dar-B-Dar to bring me back from the melancholy and abyss to reviewing films again. And oh boy, what work it did.  One has to think beyond imagination to understand or even feel this film. One of the most brilliant films of Indian cinema is Om Dar-B-Dar directed by Kamal Swaroop whom I'd love to explore more shortly. When I came to know about this film, I had no idea that the Post-modern Indian cinema would have something like this in its sleeves. A film in surreal non-linear way like 'Barton Fink'  with Social and Political satire like 'Captain Fantastic' with its straight-cut dialogues, breaking the social norms in the most enjoyable way possible is a delight to watch.  I just feel like this film has too much to observe and too little recognition. As melodious as the name sounds, Om Dar-B-Dar is a surrealist masterpiece with a full-blown social & political satire. This film follows th...